Ron Paul money bomb scheduled amid confusion over future of the campaign.

On May 9th or 10th Ron Paul sent out an email where he said…

“Slowly but surely, the establishment is starting to realize the effectiveness of our long-term delegate strategy.”

“If our previous successes hadn’t convinced them, my victories last weekend at the Maine and Nevada State Conventions – where we took a majority of each state’s national delegates – certainly turned some heads.”

“They simply can’t believe that you are dedicated, passionate, and determined enough to continue fighting for this country’s future after they’ve already hand-picked a candidate.”

As panic begins to take hold, I’m certain they will be more desperate than ever to stop our Revolution.

The email contained a link to a video message where Paul made it known to his supporters that he needed to raise $650,000 in the next two weeks.

Neither Paul’s recorded video message or the accompanying email hints at the notion of ending the campaign. In fact, the message was strong and he made it very clear that he was in it to win it. He praised the efforts of his supporters and made it clear that the goal was to “take over” state conventions and win delegates.

So it makes absolutely no sense that on that same day, campaign manager, John Tate, released this message almost reprimanding Paul’s supporters in Idaho on the RonPaul2012.com website.

“In Idaho, isolated instances of grassroots activists working toward an ostensible ‘hostile takeover’ of the GOP are not sanctioned by the Ron Paul national campaign.

More

It was equally baffling when, just this week, Jesse Benton, the campaign Chief Strategist, sent out two emails that dropped suggestions that Paul was ending his campaign.

In the first email Benton stated,

“Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted.  Doing so with any hope of success would take many tens of millions of dollars we simply do not have.”

The next day’s email, Benton, in an obvious attempt to clear the air said,

“Let me be very clear.  Dr. Paul is NOT dropping out or suspending his campaign. As Dr. Paul has previously stated, he is in this race all the way to the Republican National Convention in Tampa this August.”

But he ended the email with a bomb, leaving Ron Paul supporters once again scratching their heads.

”Unfortunately, barring something very unforeseen, our delegate total will not be strong enough to win the nomination.”

Those who stand with Paul in the fight to return our country to sound money and Constitutional government in the name of individual liberty are not being swayed by the confusion following these statements. Many Paul supporters are resolved to continuing with the strategy of winning delegates in the few remaining states that have yet to vote.

There is a money bomb, “Rise For Liberty,” scheduled for Thursday, May 16th – Friday, May 17th.

Despite the confusion of whether the campaign is over, Ron Paul just might get his $650,000 and his delegates.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s